| || |
The Catholic Parish of St Mary of the Angels has grown and evolved over many decades, alongside the community of Geelong.
Our Basilica is a place of worship for locals and visitors alike and a major historical landmark for tourists.
Parish Priest: Fr James Clarke
Assistant Parish Priest: Fr Joseph Panackal IVD
Mass Times - resumed
The Basilica is open for Sunday Masses this weekend.
Saturday Vigil (June 19) - 6.00pm;
Sunday Masses (June 20) 7.30am; 9.30am; 11.00am and Polish Mass 12.30pm.
- Religious gatherings and ceremonies:
- Permitted for up to 300 people per venue, including no more than 150 indoors, density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm applies.
- Please arrive early to Mass, due to the limit put on attendance numbers we will be closing the front doors at the beginning of Sunday Mass if this quota is reached.
- Masks must be worn inside the Basilica.
- You are not required to pre-book your place.
- You must QR code register your attendance.
St Mary of the Angels Basilica, 136 Yarra Street, Geelong
WEEKDAY MASSES: TUESDAY - SATURDAY 10.00am
The Basilica will be open from 9.00am until 11.00am on each of these days. This is to allow time for a prayerful visit prior to Mass, or for a short time after Mass has concluded.
You are not required to book your place at any of our Masses, but we ask you to please check in. There will be a clipboard and QR code at the entry point in the Narthex. Do one form of registration upon arrival, not both.
The Eucharistic Chapel may be used for Private Prayer
We ask that you register your details using the QR code we have provided, wear a mask and sanitize whilst in the Chapel, and please clean/sanitize the room before you leave.
Home Visits, visits to Hospitals and Aged Care Facilities are not allowed, unless you are in need of a priest for an emergency “end of life” blessing. For help please call the Parish Office 5222 1977 during regular business hours, or after hours, call the Parish Office number, and listen to the voicemail to get the priest’s emergency number.